Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1 Corinthians 10:14

"Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry."

Knowing that we are idol factories, given to sin and knowing that we do not have to sin should motivate us to flee from sin! Run away from it. Avoid it.

After I finished the last entry my mind was puzzled by the question "if we don't have to sin, why do we? Why does it seem so inescapable?" I think that this verse answers that question at least partially.

We want to sin, and wanting sin, we do not run from it. When we want it and do not run from it, even though we could have avoided it by fleeing, it traps us. Better not dabble. Better not linger. Instead, take your flight! In some battles running away may be cowardly, but here it is wise. May God give me the grace to flee from temptations to sin.

No comments: