Sunday, October 12, 2008

1 Corinthians 15:10-11

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed."

All the credit goes to God. If there is anything good that is done by the Christian, it is because of God’s work in his life. Even if you have done a lot, God is the one empowering you to do it.

Paul saw and did much. And yet Paul pointed the attention away from himself and toward God. God was the one who put the desire to minister in his heart, and God was the one that empowered him to act.

How then shall I live? I shall live like it all depends on God, for it does. I must depend on Him, and after He acts, I must praise Him.

No comments: