Monday, November 9, 2009

1 Corinthians 15:45

"Thus it is written, 'The first man Adam became a living being'; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit."

If you slow down and really attempt to understand this verse, it is mind blowing! God created Adam. He breathed into him the breath of life. And Adam became a living soul. Some time later, God (in the person of Jesus) took on flesh, the very thing that He Himself had breathed life into so long ago. His motivation for doing this was to give life to those who had squandered it. And the giving of life would come at a high cost. Through His death, Jesus gives life.

I am like the first Adam, a living soul. God has given me life, and I have often turned away from Him in sin. But I will be like the second Adam. Jesus has already given me spiritual life and will complete it in His time by also giving me a spiritual body. “If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body” (44b).

No comments: