Friday, January 26, 2007

1 Peter 1:8

"Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory"

How can I love someone whom we have not seen? It does not seem to be a possibility. And yet, I love Christ (whom we have not seen). And my love should manifest itself in the most difficult of times as praise and worship. I have not yet seen Him, but I shall see Him. And for now, I believe Him. And I have joy in my live because of that belief.

This joy is said to be "inexpressible." It defies expression for it is beyond our ability to accurately describe it. We are told that the joy is filled with glory. I'm not quite sure what that means, and I'd like to consider it some more. Perhaps I won't be able to fully grasp the concept intellectually (it's inexpressible maybe it's incomprehensible too). Perhaps I must experience it to fully understand.

No comments: