Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Peter 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who are elect exiles of the dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

I was planning on skipping this section in my devotional journal. That's what I did with James. But this segment seems to be packed with information. Peter, in saying hello, mentions truths like our election, the Father's foreknowledge of us, the Spirit's sanctifying work, our obedience to Christ, and our being sprinkled with his blood. He then caps off the hello by wishing multiplied grace and peace to the hearers. If the hello is any indication, I'm going to really enjoy studying this book.

No comments: