Friday, April 13, 2007

1 Peter 3:7

“Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.”

Verse sixteen of chapter two says to “live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.” Today’s verse is the third practical application of this command to live as servants of God. Each application was made to different groups of Christians. Slaves are to obey their masters. Wives are to submit to their husbands. And husbands are to understand and honor their wives.

Being married for a little less than a year, I believe that it is likely that I’ve just begun to scratch the surface of truly understanding my wife. But this must be my constant desire. I must not dismiss her views when they differ from my own. I must seek to understand her views. I must seek to understand her. She is worthy of my attention. She is worthy of honor. If I fail to do this I am no living as a servant of God and my prayers will be hindered.

1 comment:

loukness said...

Such an easy man to respect, honor, and obey. I love you so much, Honey. Thanks for cherishing me.