Thursday, May 3, 2007

1 Peter 4:1-2

“Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.”

I need to arm myself with the right mindset. I need to have a willingness to suffer, knowing that it will keep me from sin. Suffering or at least a mind that is willing to suffer keeps a person from being controlled by his natural desires and leads him to live for the will of God.

My mind in suffering is to be the same as Christ’s mind. There was a benefit to His suffering and He knew it. Likewise, there is a benefit to my suffering. Christ suffered and died to keep me from sin. I suffer to keep myself from sin. I am not directed to seek suffering out. I am directed to be ready for it and to face it knowing that God will use it in my life to keep me from sin.

No comments: