Monday, October 29, 2007

1 Corinthians 7:6-9

"Now as a concession, not a command, I say this. I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another. To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is good for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion."


Not everyone is made the same way. We enjoy and are interested in different things because God made us for different purposes. We are all made to bring Him glory. But we do this in different ways. For example, some people give him the most glory by remaining single, while other people give Him the most glory by marrying.

In addition to directives from God’s word, determining what God has for you has to do with you situation, interests, aptitudes, and delighting yourself in the Lord by walking in the Spirit. In the distress of Paul’s day, most single people could give God more glory by remaining single. However, if the single person was going to be burning with passion in his single-hood, he would have been able to give God more glory by getting married.

No comments: