Thursday, September 9, 2010

1 Timothy 1:14

"And the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus."

Regardless of who you are or what you have done, you can know God's grace in your life. Paul experienced God's grace. He describes it as overflowing. Though he was an enemy of God, God's grace didn't simply meet his spiritual need. It more than met it. God doesn't have just enough grace. He has more than enough grace. His grace overflows.

And what does overflowing grace look like? If looks like Christ. It looks like faith in Christ and love for Christ. Mankind is naturally hateful and distrusting. That any of us would ever stake our eternal destiny on One we have not ever seen with our eyes and that we would love Him, this can only come through overflowing grace.

My prayer: God, You are the God of all grace. You give blessings to we who deserve curses. You made Your Son a curse for us that we could know overflowing grace. I confess that I have sometimes considered it a very small thing that You should be gracious to me. Put me in wonder of Your work in my life.

No comments: