Tuesday, March 13, 2007

1 Peter 2:16-17

"Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor."

Some people consider freedom to be the ability to do whatever they want to do. But this is false. I am free, free to do what is right. I am not a slave to sin. I have been purchased out of spiritual slavery. I am free, and I must live like it. To live without restraint is to use freedom as a cover-up for slavery to sin.

I am free to serve God. Among other things, I can serve him by honoring everyone, showing special love for fellow Christians, respecting Him, and respecting the authorities that He has placed over me.

1 comment:

loukness said...

If honoring me is any indication, then you are serving God very well.

Laurel