Friday, March 23, 2007

1 Peter 2:24-25

“He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.”

I, like a sheep, wondered away from my Shepherd. But the Shepherd sought me. At what price? What did it cost Him to rescue His sheep? He suffered and died, bearing my sin on the cross. He died for my sin, that I might die to sin. This is the great motivation for the unjust suffering that He endured.

Perhaps here too I can learn how and why to suffer, following His footsteps. He suffered for the benefit of others. When I suffer unjustly, I have no ability to save. But perhaps God will chose to use my testimony. It may just be to encourage them, or it may be what is used to bring them to salvation.

No comments: